We recently read an article that hinted that the kidnapping plot of Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer could have happened by members of our organization because we had yet to confirm or deny if they were members of our organization. Well, we can set that record straight immediately: NONE of the individuals that were arrested are, nor ever were, members of “The Three Percenters – Original”. A few weeks ago we were contacted by a reporter that told us they found a picture online of one of the men wearing a 3% hoodie (the general logo, not our organization’s logo) and inquired to see if he was one of our members. Again, he was not. But now is a good time to educate the public on a few things:
1. There are multiple 3% groups and organizations. We changed our name to “The Three Percenters – Original” in order to separate ourselves from the rest. We also noticed a trend that anytime someone from a different group would make the news it was being attributed to us, so we made this move to protect ourselves and our image. Please note that one 3% group/organization doesn’t speak for or represent the rest of us. Each group has different ideals and morals (more on that to come). We also went even beyond a name change and created our own logo. For clarity, this is our organization’s logo:
And this is the general logo used by other 3% groups:
2. We are NOT racists, NOR are we white supremacists. Our organization is made up of patriots of all races, colors, creeds, religions, background, ethnicities, orientations, you name it. There have been news articles spun up in the past that portray people claiming they are a Three Percenter and have committed horrific acts of violence. We have denounced each of these people and their actions on this very blog. In all of these cases these people were neither a part of our organization, nor hold the same views as we do. We invite ALL people to join us. Anyone who claims we are white supremacists or racists speaks out of pure ignorance. Patriotism is color blind.
3. We are NOT a militia or a paramilitary group. We do have meetings on local levels, but these meetings are to help members network together and to learn from each other. The Three Percenters – Original is an organization focused on creating a national network that strengthens and aids communities and individuals, and helps shape the future by preserving, protecting, and defending our country’s founding principles, including our God-given rights to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. Think of us as a prepper group, preparing to meet any threat that may one day come against us as individuals, families, communities, etc.
4. We are NOT anti-government. In fact, we are very pro-government, so long as the government abides by the Constitution, doesn’t overstep its bounds, and remains “for the people and by the people”. Our goal is to utilize the fail-safes put in place by our founders to rein in an overreaching government and push back against tyranny. We are working to preserve the intent of our government as designed. We do not intend to implement our own government. There is often a misconception that we are wanting to overthrow the government. This is simply not true and a false rumor to try and paint our movement as anti-government.
5. We have morals. We ask all of our members to have moral strength – knowing what is right and wrong and to act accordingly; being trustworthy, truthful, and holding high values and principles; having strength to stand up when something is morally wrong. Another principle that we have our members abide by is the principle of “No First Use of Force”, meaning don’t fire unless fired upon. We are not the aggressor, nor the antagonist. We are purely defensive and only as a last resort. We do not seek violence or to incite a revolution.
6. We were not present during the “Unite the Right” in Charlottesville, VA in August of 2017. In fact, when we learned that the organizers of this rally had ties to white supremacy we issued a stand down order and told all of our members to not attend. There were, however, a few members of different 3% groups that were in attendance and these individuals were not members of our organization. Our organization will never stand with racist or white supremacy groups and organizations. Period.
On October 25th, 2020 a leftist activist named Nandini Jammi falsely attributed the kidnapping plot against Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer to our organization on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/nandoodles/status/1320436317835141123
Nandini failed to do any research whatsoever before posting this obvious attempt to destroy our organization. Had she done her research she would have found that every single major news outlet had reported that the group responsible for this plot was a Michigan-based extremist group called the “Wolverine Watchmen”. The FBI even infiltrated this group and issued these details to the press. A simple google search can easily back this claim up. We assume the only reason she attributed these individual’s actions to our organization is due to the picture that surfaced of one of their members wearing a hoodie with the general 3% logo (as noted above). Nandini also failed to research Three Percenters in general, our organization and its views, and different 3% logos.
Due to Nandini’s baseless attack and the call to action of her followers, we have been unjustly kicked off of PayPal, Venmo, and Shopify for supposed violations of terms and service/acceptable use policy. These companies have not given any information as to any specific violation, nor have they given us the opportunity to correct our supposed error. We will soon have a lawyer involved to look at our options and to issue a challenge to these companies to look into our supposed violations instead of believing a leftist activist’s claim that we were responsible for the kidnapping plot of the Michigan Governor, and are therefore domestic terrorists. One thing is for certain, we must fight back against these false claims and hold these parties accountable for their actions.
We affirm today that we are not domestic terrorists and had absolutely nothing to do with the attempt to kidnap Governor Whitmer. In fact, we denounce the actions taken by these men and hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. We love our country, our freedoms, and our God-given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We will continue to stay vigilant and always vow to press forward together despite any opposition we may face.
The Three Percenters – Original